Our Tire Guide for the 2008-2011 Yamaha WR250X...
Bridgestone Battlax BT-090 - OEM Replacement Tires
The Yamaha WR250X comes from the factory with Bridgestone Battlax BT-090's. They are excellent tires for the street and provide a ton of grip. My stock rear tire lasted about 3000 miles, and the front still had plenty of life at that point. They definitely make a worthy replacement tire once you wear the stock ones out.
Refined by using the latest technologies from Bridgestone, the BT-090 is perfect for aggressive riding on both circuit and street. The rigidity of the tire induces better contact feel in corners, especially for slide control during races. The new compound and pattern offer improved grip and handling in both wet and dry conditions, with better high speed stability and anti-shimmy performance ensuring a smooth ride.
• High grip compound for middle-size class motorcycles
• Higher rigidity in sidewall area increases the grip in corners
• Better slide control for easier "line" tracing
• Improved high speed stability and anti shimmy for better street-riding performance
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003 Racing Street
The Bridgestone Battlax BT-003 RS (Racing Street) is my favorite tire for the WR250X and is what I currently have on my WR250X project bike. Whether you are out riding the twisties, or doing track days, this is THE tire to have for your WR250X. I went with the stock sizes of 110/70ZR-17 in the front and 140/70ZR-17 in the rear. Some will want to go wider in the rear, but on a bike of this size I don't think it's necessary.
The Battlax BT-003 is a specially street-tuned sport tire derived from latest racing tire BT-003. Its Ultimate Grip Performance derived from MotoGP technology provides riders sporty riding enjoyment with confident grip on streets and dry-condition circuits. The BT-003RS is the successor to the BT-002RS and BT-090 and covers various engine sizes and models.
• The 3LC (3 Layer Compound) provide regular wear and the optimized pattern design provides longer wear life than ex-models: BT-002RS/BT-090.
• S shaped grooves across center of tread improve contact feeling, braking grip (for Front Tire) and traction grip (for Rear Tire).
• Reducing Negative Ratio in shoulder part of tread improves turning ability
• Longer Shoulder grooves than BT-003 Racing enhance WET grip and shock absorption on public roads